• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Recommendation For Best Mo'Board and CPU for Windows 10 & CC 2017

Engaged ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting ready to upgrade some of my peripherals and wanted to know if anyone could recommend a powerful motherboard & CPU to handle the latest version of the Adobe CC 2017 suite.

It's only an island if you look at it from the water.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Asus X99 deluxe II and 6900K!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for information that motherboard with the very expensive i7-6950X slightly overclocked just set a new CPU performance record on my Premiere Pro BenchMark (PPBM) for a single CPU computer.  Even beating dual 10 core Xeons!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot more bucks!  How much more bang?

How does my system compare?  I submitted my PPBM results some time back.  At the moment I am let down by a slow traditional spinning disk system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alan,

Sorry I did not get back to you but you Speccy file is not readable. Under "File" did you do a "Save Snapshot"? Because of that I cannot see your configuration.  From tthe "Outut.csv" results I can see you are running Premiere CS6 which penalizes you slightly and if your processor is a high end it evidently is not overclocked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CPU ios a 6900K and it is over-clocked to 4Ghz - the let down is the old drives.  I used a 6x1TB WD RE4 RAID set on an Areca card for my test.

I have e-mailed you a replacement Speccy snapshot.  I suspect my mistake was not waiting long enough for the analysis to complete before clicking on save snapshot.

I am still very pleased with this system, and am loooking foreward to the end of January when my local supplier expects to have some more of the new Samsung M2 drives in stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I checked out Alan's recommendation. Can I get away with a less expensive Intel CPU? I'm looking to get into a mo' board, CPU and ram for $1,000 or less. I'm not doing video editing. I primarily use PS, Ai, InD and Au.

It's only an island if you look at it from the water.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines