• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Indesign cc layout as Animated GIF

Participant ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to produce some E-vites for a client to send out via email, I like the typographic control of InDesign but want to output as an animated GIF - Is this possible?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No,

export as PDF/x-4 and go on to work in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting me know. Do you have a view on what would be the best software to do this - assuming the invite would be mainly text like a traditional invitation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you go the Photoshop route, how do you want to distribute the evite?

If you don't mind a URL in an email, Publish Online is perfect and can be animated using ID's animation tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds interesting, do you have a link for a sample to look at?

(Contact info removed by moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't include your personal details in these posts.

Have a look at this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Creating-Animations-Adobe-Indesign-Step/dp/0134176111/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, looks very useful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://indd.adobe.com/view/71f33859-e9d8-420e-b42d-873ddaac85c8 <https://indd.adobe.com/view/71f33859-e9d8-420e-b42d-873ddaac85c8>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sandee, this is exactly the sort of thing I want to create. Just to clarify- these were created using InDesign and output as Animated Gif?

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are done using the Publish Online service available as part of your Creative Cloud subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They aren't animated GIFs. They are made using ID's animations and then "uploaded" to the Publish Online service (free) from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, sounds good. These animated gifts are intended for a corporate client who may wish to handle the email distribution - can this be done through my cc subscription or will they need to subscribe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone who has the URL can access the document. These are not animated gifs or gifts though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens is you upload them from InDesign to the Publish Online service (in CC) and then get link which you can put into an email or include your website, etc.

The animation won't show up in an email as a GIF.

So if you don't want your people to have click a new link, this won't be the right choice for you.

But the animations are spectacular.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And Sandee, can't you also include animations produced in Adobe Animate (also part of the Creative Cloud suite), placed in your InDesign document, then uploaded to Publish Online, making the document truly spectacular!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Derek. You can Publish as an OAM (whatever that means) from Animate CC which does incredible animations. But I figure that's much too much for this request.

I like to think of it as the following:

If I have a simple need for some sort of vector artwork, I can use ID's simple vector tools to create it.

However, if I needed a more sophisticate vector art, I would hire an artist and have them do the art in Illustrator. Then I place it (Cmd/Ctrl-D) into ID. I can't edit it there, but it does work seamlessly with the vectors I created in ID. And I can edit back in Illustrator to update it.

That's exactly what I would need to do with animations. Simple stuff (although can be dramatic) in ID. Sophisticate in Animate CC and I might have to hire a person who can really animate.

Some people (like me) want ID to do more sophisticated animations. But as long as I understand really complicate stuff should be done in Animate CC, I'm fine with ID's limitations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And don't you explain a lot of this stuff in your splendid book that I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread.

We all need horizons to aim at!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing with importing from Animate CC isn't mentioned because it wasn't available when I wrote the book. (Sigh)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, we can all look forward to the second edition!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given that most of my work is produced using InDesign for printed literature for this client, I was hoping to produce the Evites in the same program. I currently supply them with jpegs, but feel them too limited now so like the idea of a bit of movement in them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can produce animated gifs in Photoshop.

But in the meantime, as you already use InDesign, I suggest you learn how to produce animated documents via Publish Online so that you have another facility to offer your clients, especially if Adobe develop its features in future upgrades.

Lynda.com have useful online video tutorials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I have produced Animated Gifs in Photoshop before - this works OK, but it seems so much easier to work with elements from existing InDesign files as the emails and Evites have to look consistent with the existing literature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://indd.adobe.com/view/25324ae5-9643-4d81-a1eb-f4339fda10e6 <https://indd.adobe.com/view/25324ae5-9643-4d81-a1eb-f4339fda10e6>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines