Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE CC 2017 doesn't show it's interface

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!

I tried to find something about my problem on the Internet, but wasn't successful. I'm afraid it's just because I'm a lame scout, but anyway I'd be glad to receive any advice.

I've installed After Effects CC 2017 (Win 8.1 x64, GeForce M860 with the newest drivers, 375.95).

It starts, but doesn't show any buttons (I can push them, though).

Also, AE shows two notifications before start, and the text there is invisible either.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4124gcmdzz8nya/%D0%A1%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%88%D0%BE%D1%82%202016-11...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2703o4882i1rxqw/%D !0%A1%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%88%D0%BE%D1%82%202016-...

Did somebody have the same trouble? Or may be knows how to fix it?

Any help would be very useful.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did Ae ever run smooth on your system? is this the first time you install it? other versions maybe?

I would try to reset my preferences:

Reset After Effects Preferences

if that does not work I would try to revert to older driver of my GPU. (uninstall the recent driver) and see if it get's better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your fast reaction

Yeah, CC 2014 was OK.

About preferences- I tried the way which is described there (pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift while the appliation is starting), but there was no dialog box after this.

Furthermore, every time I try to call the preferences, AE crashes.

About drivers- the situation was the same with the previous version (actually, this problem with AE made me update them, but it didn't help).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make sure you are running the most latest updated version which is 14.0.1 for CC2017.

about reset preferences: you can rename the preferences to .old extension (or delete it) and relaunch after effects, it will force Ae to start fresh.it's a txt file. here are the locations:

• (Windows) \Users\[user_name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\[version]
  • (Mac OS) /Users/[user_name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/[version]

if that does not work and if 2014 works fine I would try to reinstall the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

checked- definetely, it was 14.0.1

tried both ways, but unfortunately it didn't help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's all I got. try Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

good idea!

thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines