• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

17 sec clip not rendering

Participant ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a short clip I am trying to turn into a title card. I've done my work in AE and exported to Media Encoder. The clip isn't rendering and the time it says remaining goes up to HOURS and DAYS! The clip is only 17 seconds, only lumetri, rotoscope, 3D camera and text are in this short clip. This is not right! Anyone else experiencing this or can offer suggestions?

Vimeo

System Specs

i-7 5820K 3.3GHz OC'ed to 4.0Ghz

32GB G.Skill DDR4 RAM

MSI GODlike Gaming X99A MOBO

ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX

240GB SSD (AE installed here)

4x4TB 7200RPM HDD

Graphics driver and AE and ME are all up to date with latest version

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need a little more details. Lumetri can be a beast if your GPU is not supported...

Comp size? What kid of roto? Rendering format? Source material format? Version of AE? I see you are using the Output module so are you coming directly from AE? I always worry if the compression settings say custom because most folks don't know what they are doing when they monkey with these settings?

Is this your first rodeo???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My input file is MOV from a Phantom 3 Pro and I'm outputting to MP4. Latest verion of AE. I am editing my comp and exporting to Media Encoder. Trying to roto out part of the tree to have the text be behind it. Lumetri is a small S curve some contrast and exposure, highlights, just some basic stuff. No LUTs or anything.

comp_settings.pngroto.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try rendering using the output module to the default Lossless setting and see what happens. If that renders create you h.264 using the AME.

DJI footage can be a couple of formats. I'm not having any problems with mine rendering but all that I have is 4K mp4... The stuff I'm doing compositing work with is transcoded to Cuneiform 12 bit from GoPro. It's a free HQ digital intermediate codec that works very well when compositing. What does the comp look like - the fill interface please with the modified properties of all layers revealed (u key twice).

My first guess is that Lumetri is killing the render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It started to render the lossless format, but it had 49 errors and the file did not play.

I have used Lumetri on other projects and it has never been this bad. Could it be the Lumetri and 3D camera and rotobrush all together?

I want to think it is the recent update to AE, this has never happened this bad before until I decided to update to 2017.

How do you transcode to Cineform codec? I have the codec installed and am rendering now into Quicktime formate with Cineform codec.

The encoding process seems to not be utilizing my GPU at all. The most it goes up in usage is to 8% and my CPU is only being utilized to around 50%. That doesn't seem like very much to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It started to render the lossless format, but it had 49 errors and the file did not play.

so did it finish to render? what errors did you get?

Could it be the Lumetri and 3D camera and rotobrush all together?

those are are intensive resource effects but this you should be able to render and encoding in a reasonable time. it really depends what exactly you did there. try to freeze your rotobrush propagation (information here: Roto Brush and Refine Matte in After Effects ) and check off the 3D Camera effect (you don't need it anymore once you created your camera and layers). other than that try to clear you cache (edit->purge-all)

I want to think it is the recent update to AE, this has never happened this bad before until I decided to update to 2017.

if you want to check, try to render the same file in CC 2015. if you removed it, re-install it and remember you can have many version alongside each other at the same time. when in CC2017 choose save a copy to the earlier release

The encoding process seems to not be utilizing my GPU at all. The most it goes up in usage is to 8% and my CPU is only being utilized to around 50%. That doesn't seem like very much to me.

this is normal. Ae uses very little GPU resources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines