• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't create new masks if one is already made

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using Keylight 1.2 to chroma key out my green screen and I created a mask around the area my film took place so I didn't have to tinker with the settings as much, but now I can add another mask other than the original one I made. When I try to make a new mask it just adds more points to the mask I already have. Also if I delete the mask and make a new one, it lets me add two points and then what I said in the previous sentence occurs. I have the layer parented to a null object as well, but when I unparent it, the problem goes away. Anyone have any ideas why it is doing this? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a new problem? Are you new to AE?

Try this: Make sure the original mask is not selected and click away with the pen tool. I would suggest that you type mask in the search help field at the top right corner of AE and take a look at some of the community resources. Here's a quick look at animating masks or shape layer paths:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I've been using After Effects since CS5 so I know my way around fairly well. This is something I've never had happen before and I was trying to find a solution online, but I couldn't find anyone else saying they had a similar problem. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that I've parented the masked layer to a null object, but I'm just not sure how to work around it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show me your timeline with the modified properties of each layer revealed and give us you system, os and AE version down to the last decimal point. I can't make the mask tool not work the way it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had similar phenomenon in CC2017 (are you using it too?) with masks. appearntly this was related to hardware acceleration checked on in the preferences->display. Once I set it off everything went back to normal. See if it's related to your case - we may have managed to break after effects and we can report a new bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this is the problem either the hardware acceleration box is grayed out for me, but it appears to be off. I couldn't turn it off even if I tried to just see if maybe doing the opposite would have any effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you Can, reduce this project to just the buggy setup and upload it here through any legit cloud service. I want to look into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines