• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is this a GPU issue?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, my old-ish Mac Pro has become increasingly unstable lately, and I'm trying to pinpoint the issue. Besides kernel panics, one thing thats come up is black lines and glitches on the footage in both AE and Premiere.

Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 12.49.55 PM.png

Normally I'd say it looks like a GPU issue, but if anyone has contrary opinions or ideas of how to diagnose, I'd be happy to hear them!

AE CC2017

2009 Mac Pro

GTX570

16GB RAM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also try removing the checkbox for hardware acceleration under preferences->display. also make sure you are using the up to date version of 14.0.1 and Premiere has an update too for CC2017. you can always try to reset preferences in Ae: Reset After Effects Preferences

if this is happening in both Apps then GPU problem is likely it. make sure your GPU is up to date. if that does not work I would try to revert back to previous driver version one at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Roei. I updated my CUDA driver and restarted and it seems to be okay for the moment. Oddly, when I re-opened AE it told me the project had previously been using OpenCL and was now switching to CUDA. Very mysterious...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great that it works. now I see that half my message did not come across.I forgot what I wanted to suggest. oh well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoke too soon! The problem seems to have returned, and I'm seeing it in other programs too, so it's not just AE.

I notice the computer installed an OS update overnight, so perhaps it's a compatibility issue with the OS and the card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact OS and AE specs please. I'm working on a very similar machine and am having no problems. If you are getting a fouled up screen in other apps then I'd open up your machine and make sure the dust is blown out of all the components. Be careful not to overspeed the fans. This could be a heating problem with your display card or other components. I thoroughly clean my Mac Pro every 4 months while I'm working on my quarterly taxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick. I'm running OS X 10.11.6 and AE 2017.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines