Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CUDA Cards / Ray Tracer Error 5070::2

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Im benchmarking of a GTX1080 with adobe ae.

When i try to use 3d Ray Tracer, i get 5070:2 error.

I read that is a problem with de current ae version and there is no solution.

That`s true? or i need to try other config?

thx

Hardware:
asrock z77 pro4

pci intel sdd 750 series

samsung evo 850 (S.O.)

gtx 1080 (1080 drivers + cuda drivers toolkit 8.0)

i5 3570

hyperX fury 32gb.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

you card is not supported for the ray traced renderer. furthermore the ray traced renderer is not being developed for some time now and is considered obsolete. if you install CC2017 you can use the Cinema4D renderer that works in the same way only better and it uses CPU, not GPU. it will be all you need and more.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you card is not supported for the ray traced renderer. furthermore the ray traced renderer is not being developed for some time now and is considered obsolete. if you install CC2017 you can use the Cinema4D renderer that works in the same way only better and it uses CPU, not GPU. it will be all you need and more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks!

i have cc2017 so im going to try cinema 4d render.

btw, i guess hardware aceleration only works fine in certificed cards? becouse i only get a 50% of gpu load working with this gtx. And dont use nothing of gpu when export.

so, my first thought is gtx1080 is not a good purchase for working with adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ae uses very little on the GPU. only a handful of effects use the certified cards. also, I believe more cards will be added to the fold in the near future and since gtx1080 is relatively new, you should wait a while. about the hardware acceleration - don't get too discouraged about it's inability to be checked - in my experience it is not performing well in the latest versions causing unsynced playback and also bad preview in overlay mask mode and this is only what I have discovered from personal experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

make sense, i hope they fix this soon.
thanks for share your experience!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines