• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very slow printing booklets from InDesign

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to print a 28 page A5 black and white booklet directly from InDesign CC from a 27 inch iMac Retina 5K (OS X Sierra) to a network laser printer. The file is only 7.5 MB but it prints very slowly, just a spread at a time (although once all the data has arrived at the printer it's printed very quickly, with no delay when the reverse side of the spread is automatically duplexed).

I've checked out the network and that's up to speed. I've tried from another iMac which is still running OS X Yosemite and that's equally slow.

I've tried printing on a colour OKI C531dn laser printer and an HP LaserJet 2055dn.

Printing the same sized booklet from a PC connected to the same network from a Microsoft Publisher file or a PagePlus file takes about a minute, from InDesign it takes well over ten minutes, possibly up to 30 minutes as I always have to leave it to finish. From Publisher running on the iMac in the Parallels desktop app, it is as slow as from InDesign. I don't have a PC version of InDesign to try.

Smaller files from InDesign - for instance a blank booklet containing nothing but page numbers - print instantly but the 7.5 MB document goes slo-mo after half the document has been spooled to the printer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's customary to print from a pdf that's been created from InDesign, but that means the printer does the imposition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I've just exported the file to PDF and printed the entire booklet in just one minute. The quality is great and it's the correct size, A5 . . . so I've just got to do a little research into the imposition, to get my double page spreads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines