• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spot and process inks

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, (my english is not that good, but i try to explain my question)

For a corporate identity i've used 2 spot colors. When I try to make a package, i see in the package summary:

Schermafbeelding 2016-11-20 om 16.57.17.png

My question is: I only used 2 spot colors, why does it say 4 process inks; 2 spot inks? Is this a problem?

Hopefully someone understands my question.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bare in mind, that the client's corporate identity will sometimes have no alternative but to be printed in black and white, greyscale or CMYK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is: I only used 2 spot colors, why does it say 4 process inks; 2 spot inks? Is this a problem?

There is at least one object in your file using CMYK inks. It could be a process color (CMYK, RGB, or Lab) set to a 0% tint, something like this where I have a rectangle set to [Black] at 0%:

Screen Shot 2016-11-20 at 12.44.41 PM.png

If the rectangle is filled with [Paper] there are no process inks used:

Screen Shot 2016-11-20 at 12.45.01 PM.png

You can set up a Preflight Profile that will flag all objects using process inks. Like this

Screen Shot 2016-11-20 at 12.47.09 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, before you preflight you should remove any process colors from the document. From the Swatches panel choose Add Unnamed Colors, and then delete all the swatches that don't have a spot color icon. If any of the process swatches are in use you'll be asked to choose a replacement and you can replace with one of your spots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines