Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invalid numeric result on rotation?

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for taking some time to read this. I installed AE 12.2.1 and Buik 15.11 to do my school's project. When I try to IK my character's leg, I was prompted on the following error. The reason why I didn't update to AE 2017 version because apparently all my school desktops haven't been updated to 2017 version yet so pardon my old version.

Is there a way to fix  this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to fix this issue?

Sure. Fix the expression. It tells you everything you need to know in the warning. You might want to advise the DUIK people that they need to fix their messy code, too.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without seeing the expression it is pretty hard to diagnose. Somewhere in the expression you have a situation where something like this exists:

one_value/another_value equal to zero. I suspect that you are using rotation as a divisor and when the rotation value gets to zero, which is easy to do, the math error pops up. The math error may be able to be fixed by multiplying by the reciprocal or by using an if statement. It's hard to see without seeing the expression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines