Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can you tell me how to open Photographs, taken in RAW, on Photoshop 12

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What program are you asking about? Photoshop Pro? Photoshop Elements? Lightroom?

This is the Premiere Elements forum. You don't edit camera RAW in Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve Grisetti wrote:

....... You don't edit camera RAW in Premiere Elements.

Don't tell anyone Steve, but actually you can!  A couple versions back I did a routine check on Update in the Help menu in Premier Elements.  It updated the Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) files for both Premier Elements and Photoshop Elements.  Confused about why it would do that, I tried putting some straight out of camera RAW files on the timeline.  It worked!  You can even make some editing adjustments to them.

Is it a best practice?  No, unless you are in a hurry to make a quick slideshow.  RAW editing options are much better in Photoshop Elements, Photoshop or Lightroom.

If in fact the OP is trying to open RAW photos in Premier Elements it is done by using Add Media to get them into the project and then sliding them to the timeline.  Once on the timeline, adjustments can be made.   As you taught me last week at Lynda.com, you can even put an adjustment layer above the RAW photo!  It really does work!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good point, Bill. You can USE a camera RAW image in Premiere Elements.

You just can't open and edit it in the RAW interface, as you can in Photoshop Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines