• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Online - Resolution Q

Contributor ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using InDesign's superb Publish feature for a free monthly eZine. Readers can of course view the publication but ultimately I expect them to  download the PDF version since there's a lot of text.  I just noted that the recommended resolution for images is 96. I've been using 300-dpi as eventually I plan to collect 12 issues into a print anthology. Is the presentation view degrading at 300-dpi?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would preserve the 300 dpi versions for print, but you'd want lower resolutions for your online users. One size can't fit all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If many of your readers are using smart phones to access Publish Online documents it would be worth experimenting to see if you can get it to work successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Vast majority are using desktops, oddly enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines