• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Error - The files appears to be unsupported or damaged

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

over the last few days - a week at longest, I have been getting this error in Lightroom 2015.7:

The files appears to be unsupported or damaged

The strange part is that less than an hour ago when I was editing it, the file was fine.  The file with the error message displayed also still shows my edits.

When I examine the file in finder (iMac), its fine there too.

On one or two occasions of getting this error, I went to look at the file in finder from within Lightroom and in doing so the error cleared. 

I work with DNG files, shot on either a Canon 5D or a Canon 60D.

My computer is an iMac running the Sierra OS

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the file has become corrupted somehow in the last hour, due to some sort of hardware malfunction (most likely the hard disk), then you will get this message. The advice I have is for you to run diagnostics on your hard disk to make sure it is working properly.

Also, just to confirm, the photo that caused this error message was a DNG and not a RAW? Yes or no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is a DNG file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So a continuation...

Ran Diagnostics, no errors. Then while moving a folder of images from one drive to another, within Lightroom, the files seem to have vanished. The jpeg preview is there, but no file. This happen post editting the raw DNG file. When I go to the folder where the file should be, the file name appears, however it's file size is zero kb. Has anyone else encountered this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you wind up with a 0kb file, this could again be an indication that you have hard disk problems of some sort.

Or, it could possibly be this bug, although when this bug has happened in the past, there is no 0kb file.

Transferring photos to an external hard drive, photos lost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines