• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update to AE CC 2017 causing "Can't import file "Bad TV 2 - old.fx": unsupported filetype or extension?

Engaged ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to AE CC 2017 ...

Steps to reproduce:

1.  New Project (4K 29.97 fps)

2.  Drag drop a PNG formatted image into AE

3.  Drag the PNG into the Timeline

4.  Menu | Animation | Browse Presets - this brings up Bridge CC 2017

5.  In Bridge CC 2017 navigate ... Presets | Image - Special Effects

6.  Double click the "Bad TV 2 - old.ffx"  (also tried "Place in Adobe After Effects CC 2017)

This will generate the error "Can't import file ... unsupported filetype ..." and will resize my AE Window and spread it partially across my 2nd monitor (I have a 3 monitor system).  My AE main window is "normally" set to full screen on my center monitor.

Running Windows 10 64bit.

Any thoughts?

Cheers, Rob.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

I find that Bridge is not functioning well for some time now. you don't have to use it to access presets. just choose the preset you want from the effects & presets panel and be done with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find that Bridge is not functioning well for some time now. you don't have to use it to access presets. just choose the preset you want from the effects & presets panel and be done with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for that suggestion! You just saved me an hour of trying to figure this out. Wonder why it's not working with the new After Effects 2017?

You have done a good deed this day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome. it's probably a bug but guess nobody is really using bridge in the latest versions otherwise can't figure out why isn't this fixed yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Same issue,

one work around for me was to; right click on the preset and go to place in After effects cc 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem, I know it drove me nuts the other day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here, it just makes me wonder, does anyone at Adobe actually thoroughly go through all these moving parts? How does a bug this glaring continue to persist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can just confirm that this bug is still a thing. The proposed workaround also worked for me. Thx alot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines