Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

publish service and catalog export

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have user asking me a very specific question and I don't know if I can do anything for it.

I'm working on a publish service, so he has some collections under it. He export his environment as a catalog to re import it under his archive catalog But apparently, our collections and publish service is not available on the new catalog.

Do you know if we can do something about that to keep the collection and the links with our servers?

Seems to be a bit different and not sure that we can do something...
Thank you!

Cheers
Martin

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you've discovered, exporting as a catalog doesn't preserve the published collections.

The only thing I can think of is to code your publish service so that it can recreate the published collections in the new catalog by communicating with the server.  Some of Friedl's publish services have that capability -- see Jeffrey Friedl's Blog » “Publish” in Jeffrey’s Export-to-Flickr Lightroom Plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John.

Humhum ok... You think we can re do the link with the new images in the new catalogue? The ids will not change?
Huumm seems to be a bit hard, but I'll have a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not intimately familiar with that part of the SDK.  But I think one approach is: In the original catalog, produce a text file containing a description of all the published collections: their name, the full paths of the photos in each collection, and each photo's remoteID and remoteURL.   Then import that catalog into the new catalog.  Read the description from the text file, calling these methods to recreate the published collections in the new catalog:

publishService:createPublishedCollectionSet (name, parent))

pubCollectionSet:setRemoteId (remoteID)

pubCollectionSet:setRemoteURL (remoteURL)

publishService:createPublishedCollection(name, parent)

pubCollection:setRemoteId (remoteID)

pubCollection:setRemoteURL (remoteURL)

catalog:findPhotoByPath (path)

puCollection:addPhotoByRemoteId (photo, remoteID, remoteURL, published)

Alternatively, store the remoteID and remoteURL in custom metadata fields for each photo. Call the server to get the collection sets and collections that need to be recreated, include the list of remoteIDs in each collection.  Use the remoteID returned by the server to find the photo in the new catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines