• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recover Photos

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!! I imported photos onto my external harddrive and several days later, that hard drive was undetectable. We did a check disc on it and when it came back up, 3 days worth of photos were missing. We were able to recover 7 1/2 of the sessions lost from deep scanning the memory card that were formatted, but 1 1/2 of those sessions were already written over. Now I have the previews in lightroom still, but they are blurry and won't clear up. Is there any way I can recover these photos, or clear up the previews so I can use them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi briahnaw,

You can extract these previews as jpeg files from the Lightroom. please refer: Script to extract previews of lost or deleted photos

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an awesome feature however, they are still blurry. Is there a way to clear them up? I can get 2 of the photos from those sessions to load and clear up but the rest of them are blurred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't think so that there's any other way to fetch the missing images out from Lightroom.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, no.

That is the catch when pulling things out of the cache. The cache only contains the most recently used files, and only the format of the files that was recently needed. Because you probably did not get around to viewing the hi-res version of every image in LR, LR did not create a hi-res version in the cache of all the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines