Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using smart previews right

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I have one short question. As I'm traveling for a longer time at the moment, my Mac got full quickly. Now I want to convert my photos into smart previews, but that's not the problem. The only question I have is: can I just delete the originals on my Mac's hard drive after saving them on an external one and creating smart previews of all photos?

Thank you!

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MoritzBerlin,

1. Create the smart previews in Lightroom.

2. Move the images to external HDD.

3. Remove the images from the internal mac drive.

4. Open Lightroom and check are you able to edit your smart previews in develop module.

Good to go.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'll ckeck #4 after all my smart previews are created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, Your welcome.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have another question: is it okay to switch #1 and #2 or will there be any problems because I moved the photos already?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are creating the smart previews on the import, then you can move the images at the same time by select MOVE from the import window and you are good.

Or

If you have already imported the images in Lightroom and now you are creating smart previews from the Library module, then you have to follow the above all four steps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I imported them already on a former stage.. so I'll follow the four steps. Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I somehow copy the selected photos from Lightroom into the Mac's finder? Otherwise I would have to delete every single image, as I don't want to convert them all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom only contains the thumbnail preview not the original images, therefor that's not possible.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay everything worked out well. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines