• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange issue with LR CC when either black ow white colors are clipping

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a very strange issue with my LR CC when either black ow white colors are clipping.

Please see the screen shot.

Take a look on this red spot on the left side from the castle. It happens when white color is clipping on the histogram (white triangle on right side of the histogram). The same (but blue) happens with a black color. Also navigator window has some strange line that almost split this window in half.

If I click on the shortcut F (full screen) this red spot disappears. Is it something wrong with a LR or with my computer? I have Win 7. 

lr issue.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi aleksandrv,

If you are using Lightroom 6/CC version, then please turn off the graphics processor from the Lightroom preferences.

Edit Menu > Preferences > Performance Tab > Uncheck the GPU > Restart.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advice. It's unchecked

lr issue2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aleksandrv60553285 wrote:

Hi, I have a very strange issue with my LR CC when either black ow white colors are clipping.

Take a look on this red spot on the left side from the castle. It happens when white color is clipping on the histogram (white triangle on right side of the histogram). The same (but blue) happens with a black color.

I'm not entirely clear on what issue is being reported as unexpected here.

The screenshot shows what I would expect to see: red areas showing highlight clipping and blue areas showing shadow clipping (no blue showing).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

checked with LR 5 - doesn't have this issue (red/blue)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens when white color is clipping on the histogram (white triangle on right side of the histogram). The same (but blue) happens with a black color.

Click on the triangles to turn off the indicators that the highlights and shadows are being clipped:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The red and blue are clipping indicators that are supposed to be there if you have turned on the indicators. Pressing the J key will toggle the indicators on/off. Or, you can click on the little boxes in the upper corners of the histogram. With the clipping indicators activated, you can then make adjustments to your image to eliminate the clipping if you so desire. This isn't a flaw or a bug. It is a feature of the program that is there by design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines