• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a function for this?

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Im not an expert on After Effects but I think Im good figuring things out. Im good on Premiere (I think), Im ok on photoshop.

Is there a function in After Effects where I can have a graphic on position A, then the same graphic on position B and After Effects fills up the middle part to create movement? Im not talking about a person walking or some kind of elaborated animation, just filling up the middle portion in straight line between position A to B of the same graphic.

As I said Im not an expert on After Effects but if you say its possible and you give me the name of the function or some steps to follow I think I can figure the rest myself.

By the way, I think its worth asking, is there such a function in Premiere as well that I dont know about.

I appreciate your help, thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a function in After Effects where I can have a graphic on position A, then the same graphic on position B and After Effects fills up the middle part to create movement?

do you mean you want to animate position? if so, set a keyframe for the position property for the layer by clicking on the stopwatch like so:

now advance in time and move the layer either by scrubbing through the values or in the composition panel click on your layer and move it. this will create another keyframe.

now you got your animation.

this is also available in premiere. the timeline is accessed through the effect controls panel and also the position keyframes.

might be a good idea to start learning Ae before you use it. start here: After Effects tutorials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you compare editing with something like Premiere Pro to driving a car then After Effects is like flying an F-18. Without training you are going to have a bunch of trouble. Try not to take offense but you are never going to get anywhere without doing a little homework. Your question tells me you have never looked at a single tutorial or read any of the training that is available. Please start here: Basic AE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines