• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Request for username and password when opening InDesign

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things happened when I tried to use InDesign today (CS6, Win10, been using this version for several years).

When InDesign opens I get a message from Windows Security saying:

InDesign.exe

The server www.automatication.com is asking for your user name and password. The server reports that it is from Restricted.

Warning: your user name and password will be sent using basic authentication on a connection that isn't secure.

If I think 'hmm, this looks dodgy' and cancel, when I go into InDesign I can no longer click and drag anything on a page.

Other people have put up posts with the latter problem, and the suggested solution is to delete the preferences.

I've done that, it made no difference, I can still only move things by using arrows, not cursor.

Is the message I'm getting is from Adobe, or something malicious.

It seems odd that I can't find any mention anywhere of someone having the same problem.

I may be unusual, but I'm sure I'm not unique.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've received exactly the same message this morning when opening CS6 in Windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any automatication plugins?

Multi find change perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Bob. I have the Multi-Find change plug-in installed in CS5.5 and CS6. I am also getting the same 'user name and password' message when opening CS5.5 and when attempting to log onto Automatication website.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me see what I can find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I had two completely unrelated things happen at the same time?

If I ignore the login request I still have the second problem, of not being able to drag items on a page. They do move, slightly, but as if being moved by arrow keys - very, very slowly.

I read about others having this problem and the solution was to delete the prefs. I've done this without it making a difference.

I also installed all recent updates as that seemed to have helped others, but again without it making a difference.

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hackers have targetted our website last night and we have decided to quarantine the website.

Multi-Find/Change displays a dialog asking for a username and password because we have restricted the access to the website.

Multi-Find/Change only uses the website to figure out if there is a new update available.

Please ignore the 'login' dialog that's displayed in InDesign or InCopy, by clicking on the "Cancel" button.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Martinho!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines