Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFHTMLTOPDF CF11 Linux woes

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So after spending the best part of 3 weeks trying to get cfhtmltopdf working on CF11 installed on Linux (RHEL 7), I am about to give up.  I have systematically:

1) Read and followed all previous advice and posts on the subject, ensuring the additional packages are installed together with the required fonts (e.g. Adobe ColdFusion 11 Support for cfhtmltopdf (PDFg) on Linux » Adobe ColdFusion Blog etc)

2) Checked the permissions are correct for the various directories

3) Altered the apache config files

The PDF service is definitely running on 127.0.0.1 port 8987. However, every time I run a test the page processes for ages and then effectively times out. The error messages are not very helpful:

1) Message displayed on page - Error occurred whilst generating PDF - reason: Error occurred while handling request

2) Application.log shows - 'Error occurred while generating PDF.Reason: Error occurred while handling request. The specific sequence of files included or processed is: /www/dev/htdocs/testrig/cfhtmltopdftest.cfm, line: 5' - I've triple checked the tag syntax and there is nothing wrong with it, lifted straight from Adobe examples.

3) Exception.log shows - '9966 "Error","ajp-bio-8014-exec-5","10/12/16","15:30:34","Dev_testrig","Error occurred while generating PDF.Reason: Error occurred while handling request. The specific sequence of files included or processed is: /www/dev/htdocs/testrig/cfhtmltopdftest.cfm, line: 5 "

9967 coldfusion.document.webkit.PDFgErrorHandler$ServiceManagerConversionException: Error occurred while generating PDF.

9968 at coldfusion.tagext.lang.HtmlToPdfTag.handleRetryError(HtmlToPdfTag.java:1509)

9969 at coldfusion.tagext.lang.HtmlToPdfTag.handlePDFgConversionRequest(HtmlToPdfTag.java:1471)

9970 at coldfusion.tagext.lang.HtmlToPdfTag.convertToPDF(HtmlToPdfTag.java:1413)

Can anyone provide a guide or point me in the right direction please?

Thanks,

Peter

'

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Sorry about the late reply.

Can you please try to install these packages.

ColdFusion Help | PDF Generation in ColdFusion

ColdFusion 11 – PDF Service prerequisites on Linux | Techode

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2016 Oct 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Priyank,

Thank you for the reply.  I confirm that I followed the steps suggested in the pages you listed above when setting up the server.

The only package that I was unable to install was the ia32-libs as RHEL 7 running YUM returns 'No package ia32-libs available', when attempting to install.  Could this be the issue?  All other prequestiques are successfully installed.

Additionally, it seems that 127.0.0.1:8987 responds to Get requests form the CF admininstrator (when verifiing the PDF Service), but returns 500 errors for all other requests (e.g. <CFHTMLTOPDF> tag post requests).  The jetty logs (/opt/coldfusion11/cfusion/jetty/logs/2016_10_21.request.log) shows:

127.0.0.1 -  -  [21/Oct/2016:09:20:22 +0000] "GET /PDFgServlet/verify HTTP/1.1" 200 -

127.0.0.1 -  -  [21/Oct/2016:09:20:35 +0000] "GET /PDFgServlet/verify HTTP/1.1" 200 -

127.0.0.1 -  -  [21/Oct/2016:10:36:07 +0000] "POST /PDFgServlet/ HTTP/1.1" 500 325

127.0.0.1 -  -  [21/Oct/2016:10:45:34 +0000] "POST /PDFgServlet/ HTTP/1.1" 500 325

127.0.0.1 -  -  [21/Oct/2016:10:49:34 +0000] "POST /PDFgServlet/ HTTP/1.1" 500 325

Regards,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Has anyone got a way forward on this one please?

Thanks,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Can you please send an email at cfinstal@adobe.com. I will work with you on this.

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever get this working?  I have it installed in RHEL 7, but it doesn't respect orientation or font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation