Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Epson XP-55 quality problems

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have two problems with my new Epson XP-55 Photo Printer, I hope someone can help me.

I have Win7 and Win10, Lightroom 4.4 and the newest Epson drivers.

1. Quality: photos are looking great when I print them with the "Epson Easy Photo Print"-Software, but printed with Lightroom (with the same settings in the printer settings) the resolution is really bad.

2. Printer profiles: I created printer profiles with the Xrite Colormunki and used them in Lightroom - everything was fine. Then I had to reinstall the printer driver, and since then the colours are awful.

I'm grateful for every idea and help.

Sorry about my English, it's not really good

Greetings

Charlotte

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience tells me that if I have chosen the proper settings in Page Setup (which accesses the printer driver) and then set everything properly in Lightroom, I get excellent prints. Can you explain the quality loss that you are experiencing? Maybe you will have to create your profiles again since you had to reinstall the printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jimm,

thank you for your quick answer.

I've been working with Lightroom for years, in combination with a Canon Printer and with excellent results. So yes, I´m with you: propter settings in Page Setup and everything is fine. But not with the Epson printer: same settings (like "paper:Glossy? Pearl? Professional?..", like "Quality: normal, fast...", and so on), but the quality is like I choose "Quality:fast". There is a loss of details, for example in hairs (portraits) or in grass (landscape). I'm not a Computer Beginner and had never experienced a problem like that with my Canon, and I really don't understand what's going on. I contactect the Epson Support, but they say it`s a "third party problem", because with the Epson Photo Software the quality is ok.

Profiles I will create again, thats not a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, but I don't have an answer for you. My understanding is that Lightroom incorporates the printer driver supplied by the printer manufacturer.  I have printed from Lightroom with an HP printer, and am now using a Canon printer. I have had excellent results from both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines