• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I don not have access to all of my codecs in Ae 2017 or in Media Encoder.

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running windows 10 and Ae 2017.  When I go to export my project I get a truncated list of codecs available to me and it says that there are more options in Media Encoder.

When I bounce it over to Media Encoder there is a few more but still not the whole list.

If i then click the the codec in the list it opens export settings dialogue box (which looks like Premiers export box) all of the codecs are there.

Any ideas why that is?  Seems like I should have access to all of my codecs in all of my editing, compositing programs, right?

Thanks for your thoughts on this in advance.

Jared

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the list of codecs look correct in earlier versions of AE on that same system? Could you be more specific about what codecs you're seeing and where you're seeing them? (Screenshots might help.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any ideas why that is?  Seems like I should have access to all of my codecs in all of my editing, compositing programs, right?

Ae has lossless codecs i.e Qt Png, Animation and so on. if you installed Quicktime or other codec vendors you may see more. Premiere and AME have more options for compressed formats such as H.264.

this should be an interesting read for you probably: FAQ: What is the best format for rendering and exporting from After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines