Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Lightroom Keyword Training?

Participant ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Can anyone recommend a hands on training course in Adobe Lightroom Keywording in Ottawa, Ontario?  Or maybe just a lightroom group or club that I could bounce some ideas off?

I'm trying to properly keyword a decent sized family (7000+) collection and I've done lot's of research and reading, but I'm spinning my wheels and could really benefit from someone who has been through this already.

Thank you -

D.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are lots of online tutorials. Which have you tried so far?

What specifically are you struggling with? Can you list a few typical questions you have so we get an idea of where your wheels are spinning?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've started watching "Importing and Organization - Lightroom Mastery" by Ben W. (Importing and Organization - Lightroom Mastery - YouTube ) and have asked a number of questions on other forums for example: (http://www.lightroomforums.net/threads/family-photo-keyword-hierarchy.28004/ )

I've also invested time in understanding the workflow: (http://www.lightroomforums.net/threads/workflow-thoughts-your-input-greatly-appreciated.27864/#post-...

I had had lots of good feedback, but I'm struggling with the best approach for the keyword hierarchy and which approach I should follow.  I really don't want to get into asking the questions here because I have already asked them and, often, received different feedback.  This is why I was really hoping to sit down with someone or take some training, have a coffee and kick the tires so to speak...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To compound matters I am curious about a collaborative method of keyword (i.e, between family members) and exposing the keywording interface to a mobile device.  This way, keywording could be done by any family member, any time.  I think this would lead to a more efficient and thorough approach.  Not to mention, the keywording could be completed sooner than if I am doing by myself on my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug.

Lightroom does not support multi-user access, and unless its been updated, Lightroom mobile only allows copyright info, not key-wording. I have read a few people trying work-arounds and placing their catalog on DropBox, but it did not sound too easy.

I think its best to add keywords when you import, and then you can add more keywords after your organize your images by event, location, etc.

If you need more help, we can offer some Live Online Instructor-Led Training to help you with key-wording or anything else in Lightroom.

headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting
www.headTrixTraining.com
310.450.0122 | mark@headTrix.com

Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read a few people trying work-arounds and placing their catalog on DropBox, but it did not sound too easy.

Actually it works OK provided, after you're done editing, you religiously close Lightroom every ... single ... time. and allow sufficient time for catalog sync via Dropbox between editing sessions to the Cloud and the other desktop/laptop.

That's where many failed attempts seem to occur. Not allowing enough time for sync and thereby forcing Dropbox to create multiple conflicting copies of the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for the note. Nice to know its actually working, although seems like you can't work too quickly!

back to your keywording, you can also set up Smart Collections, so for instance if a photo is flagged, and 5 stars, and labeled red... it AUTOMATICALLY gets organized into a folder. If working alone or as a team, its a great way to keep track of your favorite photos or the best shots, or even the ones that need touch up. I will mark it RED if it needs to be touched up and Green when completed. and with smart collections that will automatically be placed in their respective folders... making it easy to find the ones ready for print or web, and the ones that need things adjusted.

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines