Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

D500 & D5 noise issue with Lightroom and/or Camera Raw

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

The agency for which I cover events just sent us a notice to STOP using either D500 and D5 bodies with Adobe Lightroom and/or Adobe Photoshop (Camera Raw as well), because there was too much noise generated by these two softwares when reading NEF files.

I did ran some tests of my own with my D500 and compared the same image and the results were surprising.

1. I took the NEF file, no modifications, sent it to Photo Mechanic and saved it as JPG.

2. Took the same NEF file, imported it in Lightroom, no adjustments at all and exported as JPG.

There was a significant difference between the two files in noise level.

Any ideas or suggestions? This is a major issue since it screws up my whole workflow.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post links to the files so we can take a look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does PhotoMechanic do raw interpretations, or does it just display the preview JPG?

Yes, an example NEF or two would be good for us to see what you are seeing. You will probably need to use Dropbox.com or the like to share the files with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines