Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Top 3 of 7 head turn groups won't attach to body when triggered

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm working on a character in Character Animator and I've created 7 groups of head turns (Right profile, right quarter, frontal, left quarter, left profile, up and down). When I trigger them either with keys or movement which ever 3 layers arranged at the top of the head group won't attach to the body when I tilt the head to the sides, the other 4 work correctly. Also I notice when I turn on puppet mesh in the puppet panel it doesn't show the whole puppet but when I go to my scene it does. I've watched a lot of tutorials, compared my Photoshop file and the Character Animator file to the files of Wilk and read every bug report I can find online. Basically I've tried everything I can think of and nothing seems to fix the problem. I would really appreciate some help with this issue. I zipped up the project so you can take a look at it.

Ps. I also feel like the body is moving around a bit strangely (I don't know, maybe that's just me).

Link: Dobbie The Dinosaur Project.zip - Google Drive

Best Regards

Unnur Johns

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: http://adobe.ly/2gvBjMq

I had to reimport it so you might have to re-rig some sticks and a few other things. But:

a) You had all the different head groups (frontal, left profile, etc) tagged as "head" - you don't have to do this, you just need one head tag for the parent head group.

b) The biggest offenders were the head groups - note how the blue bounding box is a vertical rectangle instead of just surrounding the head. It looks like there was some leftover artwork or something in the head background layers that was messing up the shape of the mesh and causing warp issues. I deleted those and it seems to work better.

Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 10.21.41 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked the puppet you sent me and added it to a new scene. I can see that the head is better attached to the body but if I make any changes (even if I only toggle the eye icon or tag the eyes correctly) this happens: Bug Report.png - Google Drive and I have to undo in order to fix this (I can't just "untoggle" or "untag" whatever I did) 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like your spikes are all set to be independent? If you remove all the +s or crowns from them, I think you'll be fine (it should also help improve performance).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines