• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting for press ready A/W?

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using CS5.5 and pass4press when creating my hires pdf for print.

But, I am not sure how to add pass4press to Indesign CC and where to put the files, so it runs?

I'm using a Mac

----

I went on to the pass4press website and downloaded

Preset

&

Preflight Profile

----

but just don't know where to put them?

Also, does any one know the standard for creating press-ready a/w using Indesign CC as I need my files to be flattened, but I don't want white lines on the pdf when it open in Acrobat or Photoshop.

Thank You

Tim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot flatten the artwork without stitching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, does any one know the standard for creating press-ready a/w using Indesign CC as I need my files to be flattened, but I don't want white lines on the pdf when it open in Acrobat or Photoshop.

You should get the PDF requirements from the actual printer.

Much of the advice from the site you referenced is outdated. The PDF joboptions file in their link is actually quite bad. It has PDFX1a in its title but the preset does not conform to the PDF/X-1a standard. It also forces a color conversion into Coated FOGRA 39, which may or may not be the correct color profile for the destintion press, and could produce unwanted color conversions.

In general Adobe recommends using the PDF/X-4 preset, which keeps transparency live until output.

You should only flatten if the printer explicitly requires it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The stitching lines are invisible when the file is printed.

But why would anyone open a PDF from InDesign for print in Photoshop. Never do that.

If you need a PDF to use in Photoshop, export as PDF/X-4 and there are also various scripts to convert InDesign files to layered Photoshop files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines