• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo imported into Lightroom 6 are being cropped

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 6 and when I import my photos into Lightroom the images are being cropped and I'm losing the border all around the images. The tops of peoples head are being cut off and this is happening on all my images. I have a sony a7II and the files are RAW images. I was not having this problem a couple of months ago. I updated Lightroom to see if this would help but nothing.

Eric

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

My camera is a sony a7ii. Yes it has a aps mode. this is not the problem this image is getting cropped when add to lightroom. ... I know that there is a plugin that is supposed to fix this, but it is not working.

The symptoms definitely suggest you've set an in-camera crop, as suggested by ManiacJoe.  This is different than APS-C mode -- see the manual page below. The full frame you posted has an aspect ratio of 3:2, whereas the cropped one has an aspect ratio of 16:9.  These are two aspect ratio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ericv,

Please check that you have not applied any preset during the import in Lightroom.

Import Preset Lr.png

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No that is not the problem. I need a fix for this ASAP i have work backing up.

Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 9.31.08 AM.png

As you can see the heads are getting cropped off before i even import them. There is clearly an issue with importing raw file from sony cameras.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the camera have any in-camera-crop features? If yes, are any of them enabled?

Using Dropbox.com or the like, can you link us to an example raw file so we can see what you are seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My camera is a sony a7ii. Yes it has a aps mode. this is not the problem this image is getting cropped when add to lightroom.Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 4.32.26 PM.png

this is the original image witch doesn't have the head cropped off. when i add it to lightroom it looks like this.Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 4.35.33 PM.png

the file gets converted to a DNG file and then ends up like this.

I know that there is a plugin that is supposed to fix this, but it is not working. I spent 5 hour on a tech support chat today and he was not able to help.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is this something only effect sony cameras? Have i just drawn the Short straw and it's only effecting me.

This may be a  Apple issue as i see the same thing happening on the preview thumbnail for the image.Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 4.40.58 PM.png

however when i open the image its is just fine.

If someone else is having the same problem let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My camera is a sony a7ii. Yes it has a aps mode. this is not the problem this image is getting cropped when add to lightroom. ... I know that there is a plugin that is supposed to fix this, but it is not working.

The symptoms definitely suggest you've set an in-camera crop, as suggested by ManiacJoe.  This is different than APS-C mode -- see the manual page below. The full frame you posted has an aspect ratio of 3:2, whereas the cropped one has an aspect ratio of 16:9.  These are two aspect ratios supported by the A7ii when shooting raw (independent of using APS-C capture). 

When LR imports a raw with an in-camera crop, it will automatically crop the image to the camera setting.  The Adobe DNG Recover Edges plug-in​ is "a tool used to recover image data typically lost when using the in-camera crop mode."  (You don't give any details about how the plugin isn't working.)

The most efficient way to troubleshoot is to do as ManiacJoe suggested: Upload a sample raw straight from the camera (never imported into LR) to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines