• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Output options on premiere elements 15 to blueray disk

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently am using premiere elements 14. When I output my 1080 p 60fps video to a blue ray disk,  my only option is interlaced at 29.97 fps. If I upgrade to version 15 can I now burn 60 fps @ 1080 P? Thanks for a quick response.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can check up on my knowledge, but I'm pretty sure that the Blu-Ray specifications won't go to 60p at 1920x1080.   No software will do something Blu-Ray does not support.

An alternative is to output a MP4 at your specs and copy the file to an optical disk.  Many Blu-Ray players have the ability to read and play an MP4 file.  Many have USB ports and some have SD card slots. 

A lot of TVs now will play video from thumb drives in a USB port too. 

How big is the video and what players do you have?

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill for your prompt response. Most of my video is family and trips anywhere from 1 to 2 hours long. I have several Blue-ray players and play stations on which to play the disks. My video camera is a Sony HDR-PJ650 v.  What method do most adobe editors use to export 60 FPS. Due to size of project I need Blue-ray disks. If there is truly no options to output 60FPS in premiere elements then, is it advisable lower the camera setting to 29.97 FPS..  Does Adobe Premiere pro offer 60 fps to Blue Ray? Would 23FPS progressive output be better quality than 29.97 interlaced? I think my camera is producing video to 28 bits. If I upped the bit rate does that increase the disk quality. Thanks again. (I probably do not know BRay specs as I thought that was a progressive format.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Blu-Ray standard is around 10 years old, plus or minus.  I don't think it ever allowed 1920x1080p60.  When the format won the market, cameras didn't shoot 1920x1080p60.  You can rent Premiere Pro, buy Magix Vegas or whatever you want.  I don't think you can "burn" a full function Blu-Ray at 1920x1080p60 with anything.

Time marches on.  The way we make 1920x1080p60 video is to output/transcode/render to a .MP4 file on our computers.  Premiere Elements uses the same H.264 codecs that other software uses.  Once created, we figure out how to play the MP4 on whatever we own.  Depending on the Blu-Ray player, video game machine, media player or TV, the MP4 file will play.  

Get or find the instructions for your newest Blu-Ray player.  Look for the files it will play in the specifications.  If it says it will play an MP4 file, copy a MP4 file to a Blu-Ray disk if it is in the 25GB size range.  If it is in the 4GB size range, try a regular DVD disk.  The idea is that you are using optical disks as data storage devices, like thumb drives or HDDs. 

What exactly is your best, newest Blu-Ray player?  And, which Blu-Ray burner do you have?

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines