Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem in Right Indent Tab with a dot leader setted

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I created a TOC using right indent tab and also a dot leader for the number flush right. It is fine in CC2015. However when upgraded to CC2017, it freeze when I using the Type tool to select the text. (It stopped right at the beginning of the right indent tab). Now I changed to "normal tab" instead of "right indent tab".

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks

Spec: inDesign CC2017, Window 7 64bit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Hi,

If possible can you please mail me your document so  that we can look into the tabs issue that you are facing?

Also as a workaround you can try the following:

Navigate to Preference->Advance Type -> Type Contextual Controls and disable the first preference “show for Character Alternates, Fractions, Ordinals and Ligatures”

Let me know if this helps

Thanks and regards,

Aman

amaarora@adobe.com

InDesign Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If possible can you please mail me your document so  that we can look into the tabs issue that you are facing?

Also as a workaround you can try the following:

Navigate to Preference->Advance Type -> Type Contextual Controls and disable the first preference “show for Character Alternates, Fractions, Ordinals and Ligatures”

Let me know if this helps

Thanks and regards,

Aman

amaarora@adobe.com

InDesign Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aman,

Thanks for you help. As you mentioned, I disabled *“show for Character

Alternates, Fractions, Ordinals and Ligatures” and it fixed the problem!

(Although I have no idea what this stand for)*

*Attached there is the sample indd for you. BTW the problem only happened

both "right indent tab" and "dot leader" are used.*

Regards,

aper.cc01

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, this problem has been driving us crazy here. This work around seems to be working. Can anyone tell me if there are any "unintended consequences" for this fix? I haven't seen any so far that I know of.

P.S. If you would like samples of problem files, I can send you literally hundreds. We do labels with active ingredient statements that utilize dot leaders and FR tabs every time, so I have plenty to share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mandolynda​: there are no consequences other than the fact that you wont be able to use the OpenType enhancements introduced in InDesign CC2017. You can read more about it here New features summary for the 2017 release of InDesign CC

And off course you can mail me some documents wherein you are facing this issue

Regards,

Aman

amaarora@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem exactly, since the last Indesign upgrade. Have many cases where selecting text brings up the beachball, but with Right Indent Tab with a dot leader it freezes completely when I try to select it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this problem too! it is so aggravating. Any ideas on how to fix it or is it an indesign bug? I thought I was doing something wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

parcea, Did you disable Type Contextual Controls as stated earlier in the thread?

IN Prefs 2017.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines