• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font ? for Elements 13

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop elements 13 and have installed it on 2 computers at home.  My daughters computer, the fonts work fine. My computer, the fonts don't kern, spacing between each letter, correctly.  We have the same computer and I have looked at everything to see if it is the same and they are.  I have even uninstalled and reinstalled the program.  Can anyone help me know where to look to change my settings so that the fonts kern correctly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

tarak9633391 wrote:

I have photoshop elements 13 and have installed it on 2 computers at home. My daughters computer, the fonts work fine. My computer, the fonts don't kern, spacing between each letter, correctly. We have the same computer and I have looked at everything to see if it is the same and they are. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled the program. Can anyone help me know where to look to change my settings so that the fonts kern correctly?

The option of kerning is not available in El

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tarak9633391 wrote:

I have photoshop elements 13 and have installed it on 2 computers at home. My daughters computer, the fonts work fine. My computer, the fonts don't kern, spacing between each letter, correctly. We have the same computer and I have looked at everything to see if it is the same and they are. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled the program. Can anyone help me know where to look to change my settings so that the fonts kern correctly?

The option of kerning is not available in Elements, only in the full Photoshop or in Elements with external add-ons (Elements+ for instance). So there should be no difference between computers.

A possible explanation would be that in one or both computer, the menu Edit >> preference >> type has 'show asian text option' enabled.

That option will allow to 'compress' the space between letters.

AsianText.jpg

Edit:

Did you 'reset' the text tool to default in both computers? (the icon for the menu of text tools options in on the top right of the tool panel).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I show asian text option enabled, nothing changes.  Can you explain more of how to "reset" the text tool to default? I am not seeing where I need to change that. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just found how to reset the font to default. Cannot say thank you enough, that worked.  I have been trying to figure this out for months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines