• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE CS6 - No audio, but older files play fine.

Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Adobe Forum.  Having a strange issue with my latest project.  Specifically, the MXF files I'm importing will not play audio, though the video plays fine.  When I select one of the MXF files in the project pane, it shows audio in the icon and when I play these clips in Premier the audio is there.  The folder structure for these MXF files (recorded with a Panasonic AP-HPX250) is identical to the structure of the files that are playing correctly.  Other audio elements in the project (music) play okay and when I load a previous project, the MXF files within also play audio with no problem.  I've been using the same gear and configuration for a few years now without issue.

I'm not sure where to look for a solution.  Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a new camera?  With a different record codec, maybe?  As you probably know, MXF is just a media container, within which you can have many different codecs. And is Avid involved in any way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying, Dave.  My setup hasn't changed in a few years and doesn't involve AVID.  Same camera with the same settings.  The clips are even listed as having 48K audio in the footage pane, which aligns with the project settings.  The clips in question play both audio and video when I open in Premier and when I open previously produced AE projects, the MXF clips within play just fine in both RAM and audio preview.  I'm stumped!

I'm working from a previously produced file, the task being to update an existing video with new footage to correct outdated info.  Having no idea what else to do, I'm going to try to start with a fresh AE project file just to see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same result with fresh AE project file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exact Ae version? you should be using 11.0.4

I am guessing that maybe this format or codec of this specific file is not fully supported in this CS6 release which is a version that has not been updated for approximately 4 years. as a workaround you could export a WAV from premiere and work with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, using AE 11.0.4 and all of my other AE files, some created within the last couple of months, play the same format without an issue.  I can't see any reason these newly recorded files will not run the audio, especially since the audio plays fine in Premier.  I'm stumped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if you want, you can upload one of them here via any legit cloud service and I can test it in my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines