Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Manage collections between catalogs

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I split my work between different catalogs. The first, small catalog, is for the Live Work. It will just receive the new pictures and after the job is done, this catalog is imported into a large one containing all the past jobs. My issue is that upon the import catalog process, the collections from that catalog are always imported together, resulting in duplicate collections and smart collections [some of them exist in both catalogs]. I also have some specific collections in the Live Work catalog that I didn't want to be imported into the General Catalog. Is there some way to control whether or not the collections will be imported to another catalog?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best method is to keep everything in one catalog. Not only is this less work, but it avoids the difficulties you are having, and it has 22 bazillion other advantages as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm performing some tests here, but it seems that Lightroom only imports smart collections. All the normal collections should be re-created manually [apparently, the duplicate issue was some mistake of mine, but I'll keep testing to see how it's going]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AlexBraga wrote:

I'm performing some tests here, but it seems that Lightroom only imports smart collections.

Incorrect. All collections, smart and regular, can be transferred to another catalog via the menu command File->Import from Another Catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried twice here, but only collection sets including smart collections were imported. There was a single collection set including some regular collections that weren't imported

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines