Exit

Import Graphics in Selection Order, or FileName Order

Participant ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody

Im working on windows.

I have 100 images to place in a document. I select the first one and the shift+click the last one (selecting all files) When I start to place them in Indesign they appear in a random order.

I have renamed the files multiples times.Tried:

-Alphabetical Increments A,B,C,D

-Numeric 1,2,3,4

-Numeric with 0 in front 01,02,03,04

-Numeric with two 0 in front 001,002,003,004

Nothing works. I have been experiencing this problem since for ever but never really tried to solve it. Today I'm super frustrated so I decided to do this the fast way. Now I have wasted +1hour of work trying to figure out how to solve this without doing it manually. Thanks Adobe.

PD: I need each image to be set "fit content proportionally". I have been reading the forums and apparently there is no way of selecting multiple objects in different pages. Will I have to ctrl+alt+shift+e 100 times? Awesome!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Select them in Bridge in the order youneed them and drag and drop them into your document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines