Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Render Issues

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to render a file that is 1920x1080. The composition settings show 1920x1080 and Media Encoder is set to match the composition settings. The resolution shows it is 1920x1080 also. When I render the file the progress bar looks normal and the resolution is as it should be. The problem is that the file itself is showing 2327x1080. I have exported the project once in CC2015 and when converted to CC2017 the problem started. Has anyone had this issue? Any advice on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Lucas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please share a few screenshots:

1. Ae's interface with The comp selected

2. AME's interface with The export settings visible

3. the rendered file reimported back to Ae and highlighted in the project panel so its settings are visible in the upper left corner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the screenshots. Maybe I am crazy but the file itself has different dimensions then when it is imported into AE. I have never see/noticed this before. Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 1.04.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-22 at 1.04.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-22 at 1.06.32 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-22 at 1.06.16 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very odd. I imported the exact same source into Premiere and exported using the default settings and it exported in the correct resolution. This is the first project I have worked on using CC2017 and I didn't mess with any settings. Maybe there is some option that has a new default value?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pixel aspect ratio of your comp is 1.21. The 2327x1080 value is corrected from that PAR. (1920 * 1.21 = 2323.2, which is getting gets rounded up a few pixels to comply with macroblock rules.)

I'm guessing that was unintentional; 1920x1080 @ 1.21 is not a standard size, you probably want it at 1.0. You can change it in the Composition Settings dialog. Or, depending on your downstream use of the file, you may be able to use the rendered file as-is. Most applications can self-correct or re-interpret the PAR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much that fixed my problem. The only reason I am confused now is that it was fine in the CC2015 Version and I did not edit the composition settings. Is it possible I hit a command or something for it? Or could it have happened in converting the file to 2017?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you still have both the CC 2015 and CC 2017 version of the project file available? (After Effects does not overwrite, by default, when converting.) If so, would you be willing to share them with me? I don't need the footage, just the projects.

Send me a private message. A link to a file share (Dropbox, Creative Cloud file sharing, etc.) would be easiest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I do not. The reason I switched to 2017 was because I had 5GB of space on my computer left. I uninstalled 2015 and all my old files to free space. I can send you the 2017 project but the other is no longer available to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you look carefully I am sure you will see it acts the same way. you probably overlooked this thing or maybe changed it (there is not shortcut for it). BTW you don't convert 2015 to 2017. it's actually a different install. you can install both alongside. the default to updating Ae is to remove old versions but you can change it. after you have installed it you can also install previous versions. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Installpreviousversionsofapps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah I understand that I just picked bad wording. I installed 2017 this morning. Uninstalled 2015 and trashed all the old files I didn't need due to storage issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the screenshots. as Tim suggested - this is a pixel aspect ratio problem. this is probably by mistake - you should be using square pixels. change your composition settings to square pixels.

next time make sure you work with presets - that's a good practice and you avoid these kind of problems. make sure you use only HDTV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines