• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enhance thin lines

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to save a PDF without the "Enhance thin lines" option so others can view the file the way it was designed to appear? I really wish this preference setting was not turned on by default.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

The Enhance thin lines feature is an option of the viewer, in this case Acrobat or Reader. It is not an attribute of the PDF file itself (i.e., it is not something defined within the PDF specification and stored in the PDF file). As such, there is no way to assure that others viewing your PDF file don't have this “feature” enabled on their system. (Note that Adobe's mobile PDF readers for iOS and Android as well as most other PDF viewers on other platforms don't even have such an option!)

The fea

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Forum Lounge is not for technical help, please provide the name of the program you are using so your message may be moved to the correct program forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Enhance thin lines feature is an option of the viewer, in this case Acrobat or Reader. It is not an attribute of the PDF file itself (i.e., it is not something defined within the PDF specification and stored in the PDF file). As such, there is no way to assure that others viewing your PDF file don't have this “feature” enabled on their system. (Note that Adobe's mobile PDF readers for iOS and Android as well as most other PDF viewers on other platforms don't even have such an option!)

The feature was designed to deal with the lower resolution CRT monitors of yore (can you say VGA 640x480?). I would generally agree that this option has outlived its usefulness. I have it disabled on all my computer systems here at Adobe. I'll try to recommend that it be defaulted off for future new installations.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is absolutely ridiculous that this is not a feature I can enable or disable from my design export.  I have been sending my design resume out and just received a screenshot back to how unprofessional my resume looked.  This document I have spent hours perfecting every aspect of the type including:  grid, baseline, kerning, and font...line length, wrap, ETC.  Every 'L' in my document looks like it has been stroked.  I am so bummed out by this...

...Adobe has let me down on details like this so frequently lately.  I lose my layout preference on every major update which takes forever to reapply.  I just did a clean install hoping all my preference would work as expected and guess what, not a single one did.  This includes, After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, ETC. 

The reason for the clean install was Illustrator totally borked SVG output with those updating to the latest version from an old version.  This is a huge deal as I am a web developer. 

I am sorry but Adobe has to get it together and re-evaluate features like this continually and set them to the best option for the most people today!  Not what was best for CRT display 10 years ago!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines