• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anyone have a clue why this doesnt work with CC17 anymore?

Advocate ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my scenario, my workflow-speed kinda relies on it:

I have to relink several links in our documents, and because of the different path structure, its not scriptable, so I work around like this, to hit a button while selecting a image and the spotlight search for that filename in fileOpen dialog is displayed.

1.) My AppleScript ScriptA stores image name of selection into clipboard

2.) ScriptA calls a JavaScript by shortcut (tell application "System Events"   activate; keystroke "e" using {option down})

3.) Javascript ScriptB opens up a specific path on our fileserver (var pathToPredefinedFolder = Folder('/Volumes/srvmar101_01/• Fotoarchiv/');

app.place(pathToPredefinedFolder.openDlg ('Get some files', '*.*', true))

4.) The AS ScriptA continues to run after opening the dialog, and starts pressing cmd+f then cmd+v

But since CC 2017 the bit 2.) doesnt work anymore, the cmd+e doesnt fire.

If someone comes with an idea to workaround this and easy find and place, it would be very welcome!

What doesnt work: Using one script: After throwing the PlaceFile dialog I cant execute more code (cmd+f and paste).

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

…and because of the different path structure, its not scriptable…

I can't see why you would be prevented from relinking cause of the path syntaxes. From the moment you can have some rules, you should be able to script this.

Loic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its not the technical component, its the filesystem path structure.

We have an external company with hires images structered differently.

Lets say:

My logos come from /server/logos and pictures are in server/images/a-c …/d-f …/g-i

Our external parner has his hires stuff…yeah, i dont know really…e.g. all images in one folder.

I get the document back, as a source for the next flyer. Now I have to relink their hirres-stuff back to our clustered structure. Also the filenames and extensions have changed a bit.

As long as batching comes, i use the Dr. Scriptos script "Indesign_Image_Relinker_R22_RO.scpt".

And for the left broken links, which are in a different file format (my script pastes the filename without extension:) or the filename has be altered (for retuches), i have to relink manually:

Selcet image, (open tree if multi-link to copy filename), copy filename, press relink, choose fileserver, paste imagename, delete fileextension »» choose image

My script let me choose the image and automates all between, which comes in very handy!

Can you imagin a different approach?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines