• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help needed! Responsive menu with hamburger, self-closing, pinned, etc.

Participant ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

I urgently need a truly responsive menu, self-closing when clicked on anchor links (most important in small screens) , with hamburger that can stay at a place in the browser window. Also it should be possible to create headlines besides normal links.

Please, if I have missed something, get in touch here.

Help is most welcome, I am already "banging" my head on the desk ...

Hanna

PS:

• It is not possible to achieve this with the accordion widget from muse, it does not self-close when anchor-links are clicked
  • I already tried "absolute menu widget" from MuseGain, but at the moment there are code conflicts with "scroll to top + scroll percentage" widgets, which are essential for my responsive (long page) website, pity.
  • I already tried Elegant Mobile Menu V4 from ResponsiveMuse, but the fonts are way to big for German words in smaller screens (German words are often much longer than their English equivalents) and you cannot have headlines, which I would drop eventually
  • The"side bar connect" widget of Muse Themes is almost perfect, but does not self-close when clicked on anchor links either

What can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don’t you try the standard menu? It is highly configurable and since Muse 2017 it is self-closing.

Here an example page, from which you may download the corresponding .muse file: Homepage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I did not know that! Thank you very much.

I will try this at once tomorrow morning and come back here to let you know the results.

Thanks again, Hanna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have tried the suggestion, but there are still some points missing, which are standard nowadays in responsive webdesign. Visitors expect these:

1. How can I make a standard responsive close button in the menu, that stays visible, when the menu is open? This is highly common.

2. How can I provide a standard SMOOTH scrolling to anchors? Now its skips directly to the anchor point.

3. I do have the hamburger button at the right side on top of the menu. But everytime I change something in the menu widget, the menu scips back to the old position, that the button is on the left side. In all breakpoints. Very annoying. How does this come? How to prevent this? (Please see screenshot)

4. On mobile screens 480 landscape the menu is cut, how can I make it scrollable, which is also common for users, who expect that.

Thank you very much for your advices,

Hanna

menu.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines