• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 13 crashing on launch (Windows 10)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 10 (upgraded from 8.1) and Premiere Elements 13 was running perfectly until a few weeks ago. I tried running it today, but it crashes on startup, on the splash screen.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything, but it is still crashing. I checked the logs and there is nothing there.

Does anyone have an idea what I should do to run it again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Just to let you know that nVidia has just released a new driver (376.09) that made Premiere work again on my PC

I hope it solves the problem for you as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an nVidia or GeForce graphics card? The drivers they've released over the past couple of weeks is "breaking" programs left and right, including Premiere Elements.

Some people claim that the driver on the nVidia site that was released in the past day or two fixes things. Others have had to roll back the driver a couple of weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here and I second that. It started happening after a drive update either last week or the week before.

Current driver: 375.70 released 10/27/16

I've reinstalled both Premiere and Drivers.

What version is everyone rolling back to that get's it working again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the same driver I'm currently using too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirm it is the driver

Nvidia advise to roll back to 368.22, I have done this and it works!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Go to www.geforce.com/drivers
  • Download earlier driver, I went to the bottom of the list and used "368.39-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql"
  • I also did a Custom install deselecting the 3D feature since I don't need them.
  • Premiere Elements 13 now works on my Windows 10 system.

Wait for Adobe to get around to a fix or tells everyone to just pay them for version 15+ (called a shake-down in South Brooklyn)

Good Day, Citizen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lmao. It's such a pain in the ass to reinstall the old driver in order to edit videos, and then reinstall the most recent driver to play my games. This needs to get fixed ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely. I need the newer drivers in order to play some games on m PC, so I can't afford to run an old driver.

The most disturbing fact is that the only software that stopped working is Adobe Premiere - all the others work flawlessly. I don't know if they are simply ignoring the problem in order to force people to buy the newest Premiere version, but I simply refuse to do so, until they fix this issue (If they don't, Elements 13 will be my last purchase from Adobe).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rlro wrote:

but I simply refuse to do so, until they fix this issue (If they don't, Elements 13 will be my last purchase from Adobe).

It's not Adobe that is causing it, it's Nvidia's update that is causing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to let you know that nVidia has just released a new driver (376.09) that made Premiere work again on my PC

I hope it solves the problem for you as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines