Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

tracking matte pan and scan video footage

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Ok so I have seen previous posts regarding the use of tracking mattes in premiere. However I can't believe that it is still not possible to pan and scan (resize a video layer) in version 2017. Considering this is a simple thing in AE and has been since the 1990s what is going on? I can't believe its still a bug and has not been resolved.

I know you can nest a clip and then resize and position in the subsequence however I am working on a complex split screen edit and would like to edit multiple clips without nesting as creating a complex split screen edit (that has audio sync) with mattes from AE in premiere rather than dynamic link to AE.  Somebody please tell me there is a way to do this.

I rather suspect it is not possible but willing to be proved wrong.

PS. I am aware of nesting, and previous solution of using transform effects above track matte does not work now as the user suggested 5 years ago

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure if you're complaining about premiere Pro or After Effects or both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines