Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems Installing Flash / CS4 on New Hard Drive

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My computer was recently on the fritz and I had to get a brand new hard drive.

I have been struggling mightily with trying to install both my CS4 and standard flash player.

I'm assuming that I am unable to install them for the same reason, I don't know what that reason is!!!

I am on OS 10.11.6 and I'm seeing that other people are having similar problems. None of the troubleshooting is working at all.

With the flash installation it won't go past 90% and I am not prompted to close my browser or anything. I've tried messing around with browser preferences but to no avail.

The CS4 is another can of worms, as it is an old hard copy. But it was working fine on my last hard drive and it won't let me load it just says error, please contact adobe!

Well since you guys are so gosh darn hard to reach, this is me contacting:

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For Flash Player could you provide the Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log from the affected machine. To get the location of these log files you can go through Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? page. Upload/share the log files. You can refer to How to share a document for the same. Once you have uploaded the logs please share the link of the uploaded files here.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Here are the files:

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the files. We will look into the logs.

For now you can use the offline installer available under "Still having problems section" available on Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chrisd26578604 ,

For Flash CS4 installation issues please post to the Adobe Animate CC - General  forums.  Flash Player and Flash CS4 use two completely different install mechanisms.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues with Both

I can't seem to install the flash player through safari, and I was assuming that there was a correlation between that and the cs4 not being able to install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I actually hadn't looked at the log files you provided previous to posting my reply.  Now that I look at the files it's possible the failures are related. Unfortunately, the cause of the failure is not with the Flash Player installer, nor the Flash CS4 installer, but with your system.  According to the log file, the root cause of the failure is:

Nov 23 16:00:32 Chriss-Macbook installd[320]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=1 "Operation not permitted" UserInfo={NSFilePath=/private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.XXXXXX} {

NSFilePath = "/private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.XXXXXX";

}

Nov 23 16:00:32 Chriss-Macbook installd[320]: PackageKit: Running idle tasks

Nov 23 16:00:32 Chriss-Macbook installd[320]: PackageKit: Removing client PKInstallDaemonClient pid=1413, uid=0 (/usr/sbin/installer)

Nov 23 16:00:32 Chriss-Macbook installer[1413]: install:didFailWithError:Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=1 "Operation not permitted" UserInfo={NSFilePath=/private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.XXXXXX}

Nov 23 16:00:32 Chriss-Macbook installd[320]: PackageKit: Done with sandbox removals

The two items I have in bold in the log file output are system utility applications that are used when installing (any) software (see PackageKit and installer for more information on these).  Essentially, the system is attempting to write to a tmp directory that should be available, but it's not (missing, wrong permissions, symbolic link to it is missing, etc).  If you try to install any other software it will most likely fail due to the same reason.  We received many reports on this in mid-October and unfortunately, we did not find a solution to it.  Most users resolved the issue by re-installing the OS, or upgrading to macOS 10.12, which also installs a new OS version. This fixes whatever caused the access to the required tmp file to be restored.  If you don't want to re-install the OS, or upgrade to macOS 10.12, please contact Apple for assistance as this is an issue with the OS, and not the installer file you are using.

Here are some reference material that I found while researching this issue:

And posts here on the Flash Player forums for the same error:

One of the users reporting on the Adobe forums indicated they were also unable to install Microsoft Office on their system (due to the same error).  When they re-installed the OS, they were able to install Microsoft Office, which further indicates this is not an issue with the software installation package, but with the OS itself.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines