• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AVI File: Horizontal White Lines

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m working on a simple project in After Effects 2017.  After creating a composition (1920 x 1080p), I send it to the Render Queue and encode using the (AVI) default setting.   I then import the AVI file in a Premiere Pro project.  At first, the AVI file I created in After Effects works fine (maybe a week or so).  However, over time, white horizontal lines randomly begin appearing throughout the original AVI file.  It's almost as if the AVI file became corrupted. Does anyone know what could possibly be causing the horizontal white lines to suddenly appear?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Smarino,

Which Operating system and what are your system specs?

Please attach a screenshot of those white horizontal lines.

Are you able to see those lines, if you open that video in a media player?

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding, Kulpreet.  I have the following:

Dell T5500 Workstation
Windows 7 Professional w/Service Pack 1
64-bit Operating System
NVIDIA Quadro Pro K4000
48.0 BG RAM
3 TB Hard Drive (30% Used)

Rendered in After Effects

Are you able to see those lines, if you open that video in a media player? YES

The white lines begin 4 minutes into the video and last 29 frames, then quit.  As I said earlier, the avi file was fine and I encoded a number of sequences with no problem.  Then, the lines began appearing for no apparent reason.

AdobeTS2.jpg

AdobeTS1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I send it to the Render Queue and encode using the (AVI) default setting.

is there a particular reason you are using this unpopular and inferior codec? it will create a file at enormous sizes. it is the default codec on windows and that's too bad. on Mac system Quicktime Animation is the default and I would recommend you start by using that.

5 seconds of Avi at HD1080 resolution would take approximately 1 Gg of space. the same would take with Qt Animation (one of the fastest and non compressed codecs there is) half that size. that's a very big difference if the render times would be the same with no apparent quality loss. so I would try rendering with this and see if the results are better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines