• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accessing Fiery Features from InDesign 2017

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was available in 2015.3 from the Print commands Print...->Printer...->change Layout to Fiery Features but no longer appears in InDesign 2017. Without this I cannot access the sophisticated feature set available in the Fiery hardware attached to our Canon IRC 5255 MFD. Has anybody else experienced this and do you have a solution? Note that I have tried restarting the computer and reinstalling printer drivers...

Mac OS X 10.11.6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Fiery software probably needs a update which may not be ready for CC 2017. (This is a completely new version which has a new SDK for developers.)

Revert to CC 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm solely do not recommend to print directly from InDesign to any professional printer.

Use PDF that you can do from InDesign.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm solely do not recommend to print directly from InDesign to any professional printer.

I've found that print problems from ID usually are the fault of the print driver. I drive my large format Epson with a 3rd party RIP (similar to the Fiery) and don't have any problems printing directly from ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is InDesign finding the PPD for the RIP—you should see it under printer in the Print dialog? See this thread PPDs Missing after 2017 Indesign Install -- A Prepress MUST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you able to access the Fiery Features page when printing from other applications? As I understand it, once you've clicked Printer from ID's Print dialogue, you've effectively left ID, and it's the OS X printer driver that reads the printer features from the PPD.

I'm using ID 2017 under Sierra with a Fiery IC-308 here, and the Fiery Features are there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines