• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does PPRO CS6 support GTX 1070 / 1080 gpu cards please?

Participant ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Trying to build a new super computer with windows 7 pro 64 bit and production premium CS6.

I am trying to figure out if the nvidia geforce 1070 / 1080 gpus will work with the OS and the GPU.

I use PPRO, AE, PS, Encore, Audition

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks for your help,

J

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

I have CS6 and several CC versions including CC2017 all working.with either one or two GTX 1060.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am operating an i7-5960x with Windows 8.1 and 10 with one or two  GTX 1060 SC and Premiere works perfectly.   Do not know why the GTX 1070 and GTX 1080 would not work.  Can not comment on Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

Just to clarify, you are using CS6?

Thanks,

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS6 and several CC versions including CC2017 all working.with either one or two GTX 1060.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bill,  much appreciated...

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill. Did I read this right! Two GTX1060's. I'sent one enough to handle these programs? The reason I chimed in is I have a Asus strikes GTX1060 in my basket at Amazon and am hanging on to gain more information on the cards suitable for Adobe programs.

Regards.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One is just fine and does great!  I just an experimenter and like to push the envelop with my Premiere Pro BenchMark (PPBM) Cannot wait for my Samsung 960 Pro to arrive, might be next week Monday.

Do not forget to very simply and safely overclock the Memory Clock on your GPU.  I have my EVGA running with CUDA applications at 2.4 GHz.  GPU-Z reports 2.5 GHz but for some reason nVidia applications really run slower than that post on the first Tab but when you use the GPU you will see that it really is 2.4 GHz.  Of course I cannot guarantee all cardswill take that much overclock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill. I have placed the order for the Asus Strikes GTX OC/1060. All the reviews that I have seen so far rate the card to be on par with the 1070!  I think that it should work fine for me.

Regards.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just to clarify, the 1060gtx cannot sli. so don't get confused bout that. they will talk only through the pcie-bus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who cares?  Surely not CUDA users like Premiere where SLI is discouraged!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

i found these threads on the geforce forums:

in a certain sense it doesn't look good

https://forums.geforce.com/default/board/172/

i'm still looking for correct use of a geforce 1080/1070 on a windows 7 64 bit machine with cs6...

cheers,

j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Chris I wasn't trying to be smart if you think I was. I was just making an comment that I think that the new ASUS Strikes OC GTX 1060 seems more that adequate for adobe? Now I could be very wrung!

Cheers.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bill,

with regards to the above link to the geforce forums and all the 'trouble'

there seems to be with regards to the 1070/1080/1060 cards...

https://forums.geforce.com/default/board/172/

are you experiencing any 'trouble' when you use CS6?

also, if you don't mind answering, what do use CS6 for nowadays?

cheers and thanks,

jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff. I have signed up over on the Gigabyte forum and am shocked to read of so many people having problems with their cards. However there are a lot of problems that were related to motherboard problems and wrung driver installation by some of these guys. I only hope that I don't experience problems with my new card. I received a conformation email that I should receive it on the Wednesday 9th Two more days? I am downloading 3D Mark-v2 at the moment so I can see how the card holds up. I will let you all know how it preforms once I have it up and running.

Cheers.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I am having no problems that i have found with my GTX 1060 SC (EVGA 06G-P4-6163-KR).  I loved it so much that it was so easy and safely overclock the Memory Clock and gain additional performance that I bought a second one.  With both installed on my Premiere Pro BenchMark (PPBM) with the most GPU assisted test the GPU accelerated MPEG2-DVD it tests at 10 seconds when I take advantage of the free overclocking.  The fastest recorded score is 8 seconds out of over 200 submitted results.

I use CS6 (along with many versions of CC including CC 2017) for two pronged purposes: 

1. The first purpose is to be able to intelligently answer questions like yours
  2. The second reason is that I have been retired now for 18 years and after some point I may have to fall back on the perpetual license of CS6 rather than paying monthly so where possible my personal editing projects are always started on CS6.  Then I "experiment" with those projects in the current CC version and save both versions of the projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill. Wow you guy's must retire early in life like me! Nice to hear that the 1060 's are running of for you. As I had said a lot of problems that I red about with the 1060 were caused by user error or another faulty component.

Regards.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for the info Bill.  I'm trying to get in touch with ADK to build me something.  I guess they are really busy.

Newegg used to build your system but they don't offer that service anymore.

I tried to build a system from scratch once.  It wouldn't post. So I sent it back.  Expensive shipping sucks.

I like CS6.  It works, doesn't it?

Cheers,

j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi J. I have hared only good things about Puget Systems. .

Puget Systems is an America's custom computer leader. Take a minute to watch this video on u-tube Just google the name and see for yourself. Hope that this helps.

Regards.

PS. Here is the linkwww.youtube.com/watch?v=-eUnPum-3Y0Hi

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mike,

the earlier link you stated was a review of the gpus and CC

now i know that puget builds computers, too

thank you very much for the info

i'm looking at their stuff now

cheers,

j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello Bill,

can you say how much ram you have in the rig and what processor please?

i'm configuring something at puget

and might do 2 geforce 1080s with a 10core 4.0ghz processor and

i'm curious of whether to get 64gb orf ram or 128gb of ram...

i use photoshop, PPro, AE CS6 with windows 7 64 bit

thanks again for your help an knowledge...

jeff

i like to superfutureproof...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an i7-5960X which is two-years old and only 8-core.  It has 64 GB RAM.  Even with your 10-core and CS6 your second GPU would be a waste of money.  If you were to consider going with CC where additional features are GPU accelerated, new effects are being added regularly, and you really use many of those effecrs and features there may be justification for a second GPU but I really rather doubt it  When I put my second GTX 1060 SC in the GPU usage which was ~100% with one installed fell to ~50% with two when running the GPU intensive PPBM benchmark.  Your 10-core

If your not in a panic, why don't you tell your builder that you will buy when they can deliver with the fantastic new Samsung 960 Pro M.2 PCIe  Gen 3 X4 SSD's.  I am hoping for one in the next week or two.  That would really superfutureproof your storage system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry  J. Here is the link let me know what you think.

www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Adobe-Photoshop-CC-Multi-Core-Performance-625/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am sticking with Windows 7 64 bit and CS6.

I'm not really in a rush. 

The potential build at Puget seems to only allow for one of these samsung drives.

I wish there were more slots.

I'm researching the motherboard now.

Thanks,

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tfi productions 44 wrote:

Hello,

I am sticking with Windows 7 64 bit and CS6.

I'm not really in a rush.

The potential build at Puget seems to only allow for one of these samsung drives.

I wish there were more slots.

I'm researching the motherboard now.

Thanks,

Jeff

Here is a solution that works well and will allow more M.2 devices (there are several other vendors also) It just plugs into any available PCIe Gen 3 x4 slot.

But do not waste one for your OS/Applications drive just use a standard SATA III SSD for that.  Once you boot up your system and start an application it basically runs out of memory.  Unfortunately the 960 Pro 1 and 2 TB SSD now looks like it may be the first of the year.  This has been nothing but one delay after another on these fantastic SSD's.  They are ideal for all your project files and media files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines