• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading files to Lightroom 6

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am moving my files from Windows to Mac via an external hard drive.

When I import the files into Lightroom there are over 1000 photo's missing. Now the interesting bit...

They are all the photos that I shot in portrait orientation. All the regular landscape orientation photos are all OK.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Missing in what sense? Can you be much more specific about why you state they are missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thanks for answering.

I copied 11,000+ photos onto an external hard drive, and then imported them into Lightroom.

Only 10,000 are now in my Lightroom catalogue (and present on the Macs HD).

The rest have not been imported and despite several efforts they refuse to do so.

At first I thought that it was only the photos shot in portrait orientation that were missing but this is not the case.

It was presumably a coincidence that the first 5 images I identified as missing were of this type.

Now I check further there are both portrait and landscape shots missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rest have not been imported and despite several efforts they refuse to do so.

What happens when you try? Describe in detail or show us a screen capture. If there is an error message, please quote the exact complete unedited word-for-word error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Questions you should try to answer to target the cause of the missing pictures:

• Did you use LR on the PC? Where they included in the database there?
  • What are the file names of the missing files? May there be a naming problem?
  • Are the files accessible from the Mac? (Try tools that read data)
  • Are the files true image data files? (if RAW read them with the camera provided software, if JPEG, read them with a standard image previewer).
  • What is the error message you get, when you try importing the images to the Lightroom database? -  You may post the error message here.
ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you bring the catalog and images over to the Mac from your PC? Or, are you importing all your images again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines