• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

edit InDesign text on iPad

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making a photo book using InDesign. I like editing the flowing text separately on my iPad. I tried using Apple Pages but it doesn't keep the style and formatting when I go back and forth between InDesign and Pages. Yes, I have set my InDesign Preferences > Clipboard handling > Keep all information. But while this keeps some styling, it does not keep the italics.

I think I get it that keeping styles and for formatting between applications from different vendors can have issues. But what about within the Adobe family? Is there an iPad app that would keep the styles and formatting? What do you suggest? It seems Adobe would have a solution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't use Apple Pages, however in regards of what you describe, I may guess it would keep only Paragraph styles.

Maybe you want to try to create Character style set as "italic" and apply it to your italic text. (Using find/replace feature would be fast and easy)

Hope that helps

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't use InDesign on an iPad, but there is Adobe Comp CC, which may suit your purposes:

Adobe Comp CC | Wireframe, layout and mockup software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, Comp CC is only a way of comping out files on the iPad for input into InDesign. It's not two-way. There is no way to edit an InDesign file on an iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't use InDesign on an iPad

Well actually you can 

Design Touch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great. I've never heard of it.

That company isn't doing a very good job of marketing in the US. I was just at the three-day InDesign Conference in Washington, DC. That was never mentioned. I just did a search of the 300-page PDF of notes from the conference and no one referred to it.

They need to get the word out about their product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think Baccar who is the CEO was at PepCon either last year or the year before that. Last time I spoke to him it seems that his business is more B2B oriented so that may explain this feeling of lack of communication.

You can still get in touch with the team and see how you can get in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines