• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I exported a long PDF questionaire file to Word so that I could fill and sign. But when the new file opens it only allows me to see page 1 of 62. How do I get beyond page 1?

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just joined and set up the software to export PDF's to Word so that I could fill and sign them.  On the first document which was a long 62 page questionnaire the software did its work and appears to have converted the subject document but I cannot see any pages beyond Page 1.  I cannot scroll to Page 2 or beyond and begin filling in the questionnaire.  What am I missing?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's a fillable PDF, you are expected to fill it in Reader or Acrobat. Fillable PDFs don't convert nicely to Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  I 'seem' to have found what the problem is in going beyond Page 1.  At the bottom of the page are navigation buttons, NEXT, PREVIOUS, ZOOM IN, etc.  The problem was that on my screen these navigation buttons were hidden by a bar on the bottom of each page.  I could not see how to go from Page 1 to Page 2, etc. 

It's cumbersome but I can go beyond Page 1 now by swiping the cursor approximately where the NEXT button should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But still why are you exporting to Word At all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I misunderstood the purpose of the software. I received a questionnaire in PDF format by email. I want to fill it out in typewritten form rather than hand-written form. As received I could not type the answers I could only print out the PDF then write in the answers.

I understood the purpose of the ADOBE PDF Covert software was to allow one to type on a received PDF.

Is there something I've misunderstood ?

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the PDF file doesn't contain fillable form field (which is something the author should have done to make it more user-friendly), then you can still write on it using the Add Text commenting tool. Converting it to Word just so you can add text to it is really an overkill and likely to cause more issues than solve them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use Fill&Sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That isn't really the purpose of converting to Word at all. That is to recreate an editable document, when the original is lost, to make changes then make a new PDF. The layout is likely to change, and so even if you do it in Word it might be rejected. (For official government forms this can lead to big trouble).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines