Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full Page Video??????

LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats the deal here.

Just to crank it up a bit I'm considering using a full page homepage video for one of my clients - good or bad idea?

I don't see that many in terms of the number of websites available to be viewed, so I'm skeptical,  but those examples I do see work fine for me. Of course I would need to change the concept for tablet and smartphone.

Whats the general view here? Any suggestions for the max time for the video? I'm thinking a 30-60 second clip to keep it smallish.

Any feedback welcome.

Os

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a plug-in that prevents flash video from running automatically. Some websites, like Facebook, start running half a dozen video automatically. I hate that.

I would probably click off the website right away if I encountered one that was getting ready to run a full screen video.

I think the problem with video, any kind of video, is that it takes much longer to communicate something with video than with a photo and a paragraph of text. That's my problem with video training, I get impatient waiting for the instructor to get to the point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rob Hecker2 wrote:

I think the problem with video, any kind of video, is that it takes much longer to communicate something with video than with a photo and a paragraph of text. That's my problem with video training, I get impatient waiting for the instructor to get to the point.

I dont really see how a static image and a line of text can convey as much information or create as much impact as a video to be honest.

I guess everyone has their own views on this.

This video will be showing a process as this is an engineering company making intricate milling products, so I think it will convey the message rather nicely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines