Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hourglass flickering, nothing works

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

A few days ago I installed Illustrator on my laptop. When I want to make a new file my mouse doesn't work properly anymore.

I get a flickering hourglass next to de cursor and I can't click on any options. I get the same problem with InDesign.

How do I get this away?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to InDesign​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have problem with my InDesign

It was working a week ago without any problem now however it stopped and this is what happens;

When I open the program cursor goes into a background work mode : It shows the arrow and the blue wheel  and it is flickering.

I cannot open any of the drop down menus. When I click lets say on File drop down menu it flickers for milisecond and disappears...

Shortcuts aren't working either... Program is practically unusable

Please help.

I'll try to reinstall the program now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact version of InDesign? What operating system (exact version)? Have you gone to your mouse vendor website and looked for a new driver? (Often device like mice or tablets require updates for new operating systems or software versions.)

If you can't find a new driver version, you may need to buy a new mouse (not expensive).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem.

Is there a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stevdnf3558604,

You've told us no information which would allow us to help you. Start by answering the questions I asked above:

Exact version of InDesign? What operating system (exact version)? Have you gone to your mouse vendor website and looked for a new driver? (Often device like mice or tablets require updates for new operating systems or software versions.)

If you can't find a new driver version, you may need to buy a new mouse (not expensive).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's really important for posters to answer Steve's questions about InDesign version and OS.

In the meantime, for those with InDesign issues, resetting the InDesign Preferences often solves issues:

Close InDesign. Then hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift (Windows) or Cmd + Ctrl + Opt + Shift (Mac), and relaunch InDesign. Respond in the affirmative to the dialog asking if you really want to replace the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines