• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

please help a novice with workflow setup!

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm new to CC and in the process of setting up my small team at a charity with it as I think it will revolutionise how we work. I've done lots of research but am struggling to work out quite the right solution for our workflow set up and am hoping you can help.

At the moment we store our photos on smugmug and download them each and every time we use them to produce documents in powerpoint, which we then share on a local server. We work on PCs.

We're now moving to CC and a cloud based server (365 Sharepoint) and I want to set us up as efficiently as possible to store, edit (in Lightroom or Photoshop) and place photos into InDesign, and to then save that work all in shared spaces, without breaking links to photos (we have Creative Cloud, though individual licences not a team one, as well as Sharepoint).

I have downloaded Lightroom and installed the smugmug plug in, but am struggling to find much info on where to go from here to get everything talking to each other.

Any help would be amazing!

Thanks,

Charlie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe someone else has a brilliant idea, but I do not.

Lightroom was not meant to be a multi-user application, and your Lightroom catalog file cannot be shared on a cloud based server (or any server). It also doesn't work with photos stored in Smugmug, photos must be stored locally or on a network drive.

Lightroom Mobile can allow many individuals to view your work simultaneously, but that doesn't sound like what you are asking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines